We're into late October now. In the South, it's the sweet spot of the season when the weather actually feels somewhat cooler, but before we are completely barraged by ads for the holiday season. For some reason, I have always felt like autumn had the most distinct musical vibe of all the seasons. I am not sure why. Maybe it's because spring and summer kind of blur together down here. Regardless, this week's question is: What song or songs would you put on a mixtape for fall?
To kick things off, I'll share a few that I'd put on there:
- "The Suburbs" - Arcade Fire
- "Don't Panic" - Coldplay
- "Trouble Is" - Jars of Clay
- "Lord Save Me From Myself" - Jon Foreman
- "Sigh No More" - Mumford and Sons
- "For the Widows in Paradise, for the Fatherless in Ypsilanti" - Sufjan Stevens
- "Step" - Vampire Weekend
What would you pick for your fall playlist?